HomeSeer is an advanced home automation and remote access software package that is designed to integrate the major systems of any home.
HomeSeer is an advanced home automation and remote access software package that is designed to integrate the major systems of any home. With HomeSeer, you can control and monitor lighting, appliances, security, HVAC, telephone and home theater all from one central point... and you can do so by computer, remote control, touchscreen, PDA, telephone, the internet or by voice!*
Control Lighting & Appliances:
HomeSeer works with 'powerline', 'hard-wired' and 'wireless' technologies for total lighting and appliance control. Homeowners can use easy to install plug-in hardware modules (for table or floor lamps) or built-in modules such as wall switches and outlet receptacles. Lighting 'scenes' may be created with precise dimming levels to suit activities, moods and changing light conditions within the home. All you need is HomeSeer, a home control PC interface and home control receiver modules.
Connect HomeSeer to your security system and supercharge it's capabilities! With HomeSeer, security alerts can turn all your home's lights on, announce an intruder, shut down your HVAC system, email you at work, call your cell phone, display camera views on your TV or trigger any number of events within the home. And, because HomeSeer is web-enabled, you'll be able to monitor and control all security activities remotely. This feature will require additional components, such as a compatible alarm system. Envious Technology are happy to help discuss your requirements.
Programmable thermostats have been available for many years but they're all limited to just a number of 'timed' events. By adding a HomeSeer-controlled thermostat, here are just a few of the things you'll be able to do:
- Raise or lower the thermostat when your security system is armed or disarmed<
- Receive an email or phone call when the temperature goes above or below specified temps
- Turn your A/C on by mobile phone on your way home
- Shut down your HVAC system when fire or smoke detectors are triggered
Here are just a few of the things you can do with a HomeSeer-powered telephone system:
- Dial by voice
- Create message 'boxes' for the whole family
- Automatically email messages as MP3 attachments
- Use voice commands to control HomeSeer from any telephone in the house... or in the world!
- Listen to your messages over the internet
- Have HomeSeer phone when anything special happens in your home.
Control Home Theater:
Complete audio and video control are close at hand! Use HomeSeer to control TV, DVD, VCR, Cable, Satellite and Stereo systems. HomeSeer also supports Microsoft Windows Media Center, Windows Media Player and other popular media players. Add a wireless touchpanel to your coffee table and you'll have the latest in home theater control! This feature requires: IR controller, HomeSeer plug-ins or scripting.
Screen Shots (click to enlarge in new window):
- Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, 7
- Windows 2000 (SP2 or higher)
- CPU: 800 Mhz or faster
- RAM: 256 Mb or more
- Hard Disk Space: 150 Mb or more free
- Operation: PC must be on at all times to control your devices
Note: Some of the above features may require additional components.