Keyspan USB High Speed Serial Adaptor for connecting RS-232 serial devices to a USB port. PC & Mac compatible.
Looking for a way to connect your serial devices to a USB port on your PC? The Keyspan "High Speed" USB Serial Adapter is a simple, inexpensive, and reliable way to make this connection.
The Adaptor can be used in order to use our CM11/CM12 X10 Computer Interface with a Mac and is also required for connection of the Ocelot / Leopard X10 Interface units to computers without a serial port. The Adapter is also ideal for use with modems, digital cameras, ISDN terminal adapters, graphics tablets, PDAs, bar code scanners, label printers and other serial devices requiring a RS-232 connection.
This "High Speed" USB Serial Adapter supports data rates up to 230 Kbps - twice the speed of a standard PC serial port. It is 100% USB compliant and features simple "Plug and Play" installation (no IRQs). Ideal for laptops, the Adapter draws its power from the USB connection so no external power adapter is required.
- Plugs into a USB port on a Windows or Macintosh computer
- Provides one RS-232 male DB9 port for direct connection to serial devices
- Supports data rates up to 230 Kbps
- Draws its power from the USB connection - a power adapter is not required
- Easy to carry - lightweight!
Compatible Products include:
- CM11 X10 Computer Interface
- Leopard / Ocelot Controllers
- Serial PDAs from Palm, Compaq, HP, Casio, Psion, and others
- Digital Cameras
- Wacom Intuos and ArtZ II Tablets
- GPS devices
- ISDN terminal adapters
- Mobile phones with serial connection
- Hand held scanners
- RS-232 instrumentation used in POS, data acquisition and process control applications