The Rain8NET is a professional 8-zone sprinkler controller module that is controlled via RS232. It is capable of driving standard 24VAC irrigation valves directly and is modular, allowing expansion of up to 2040 irrigation zones.
The Rain8net is a professional RS232 based modular 8-zone sprinkler controller module that can be controlled over the Internet by any computer. It is capable of driving standard 24Va.c. irrigation valves directly. Additional modules may be daisy chained to provide control and 24 Va.c. power to as many as 2040 irrigation zones from a single COM or USB port.
- Turn on or off each of the zones individually.
- Turn off all zones on a specific module.
- Turn off all zones on all modules.
- Get the current status of all zones.
- Default run timer for each zone to prevent over watering.
- Up to 1000' between Rain8 and computer.
There is a single RS232 connection between the controlling computer and the "master" Rain8. The distance between the computer and the controller is up to 350m and requires only 3 wires: TX, RX and GND. The 24VAC power and network communications are transferred from master to slave-to-slave etc.
The network connection for the slave units is an 8 conductor RJ45. Each slave has a pair of these modular jacks to pass on data and power to the next one in a daisy chain. Each slave also has a RS232 connection that is used only to assign the address during the initial configuration.
- Voltage 24 - 27V a.c., 50 or 60Hz.
- Controller Module Current 30ma.
- Sprinkler Valve Voltage & Current 24V a.c., 500 mA maximum.
Connections Master Unit:
- 12 place, plug in terminal strip.
- Two piece design allows user to unplug.
- Controller from sprinkler valve and power wiring. terms 1 - 8 (sprinkler valves 1 - 8).
- Terminal 9 (sprinkler valve common).
- Terminal 10 (sprinkler valve common).
- Terminals 11 & 12 (24v AC from transformer).
- RS232 serial port used for internal configuration.
- RJ11 jack.
Connections Slave Unit:
- Plug in terminal strip:
- Same as above except term 9 - 12 are not used.
- Controller Size 3.8" x 2.4" x 1.0"
- Weight 113 grams.
- Environmental 20-125 degrees.
- Indoor or outdoor (if mounted in a weatherproof enclosure).